Love the Bus month is an annual campaign sponsored by the American School Bus Council to raise awareness and appreciation for the experience of riding the school bus. It also acknowledges the dedicated drivers and monitors who safely transport students to and from school.
This February Eight bus drivers and one aide from Location #12645 in Xenia, Ohio were honored at the Xenia School Board meeting for safely transporting students for a combined 232 years of service to the district.
Congratulations to the following employees for your years of service:
• Driver Beverly Morgan – 25 years of service
• Driver Crystal Crum – 19 years of service
• Driver Dee Merz – 22 years of service
• Driver Anna Shoemaker – 22 years of service
• Driver Drema Howard – 35 years of service
• Aide Pam Waggoner – 22 years of service
• Driver Karen Louderback – 24 years of service
• Driver Joe Hester – 24 years of service
• Driver Vickie Jones – 39 years of service
The district and the Location wanted to acknowledge the drivers and aide during the “Love the Bus” month, so they decided to do it at the school board meeting Tuesday night. Each of the drivers and aide were given Region coins from First Student and Xenia Pride Certificates from the district. They also had their pictures taken and are now proudly displayed on the Wall of Fame in the Location’s break-room.
“I was so honored to recognize these outstanding men and women at the meeting,” said Location Manager Jim Hulsey. “For several generations, these fine drivers and aide have safety transported Xenia students to and from school; I’m proud to work alongside of them.”