The nationwide Safety Dog Bus Tour uses fun, interactive activities to teach safe bus riding basics to children.
“Student safety is at the heart of everything we do,” said President Dennis R. Maple. “For the third year in a row, the Safety Dog Tour provides an engaging platform to share valuable safety messages with thousands of students and their parents within the communities we serve. By making it fun, safety messages are delivered in a memorable way.”
Students can explore a First Student bus, “Walk the Yellow Carpet” and pose for a photo with Safety Dog. They are also encouraged to sign a safety pledge. Each student leaves the event with a goodie bag.
The Tour will stop in eight locations:
• Anoka-Hennepin Independent School District: Anoka, MN
• Bristol Broad of Education: Bristol, CT
• Euclid City Schools: Euclid, OH
• Ogden City School District: Ogden, UT
• Rochester City School District: Rochester, NY
• Springfield Public Schools: Springfield, MA
• Springfield Public Schools: Springfield, IL
• Windsor-Essex Student Transportation Consortium: Windsor, Ontario, Canada
To see the tour dates and times, as well as gather safety tips and downloadable activities for students and parents, visit SafetyDogBusTour