A strong fleet maintenance program is critical to a successful transportation operation. Our maintenance best practices and streamlined procedures keep safe, rigorously-maintained buses on the road without interruption.
First Student’s ‘Centers of Excellence’ model is a systematic approach based upon a framework of principles designed to create a high performing maintenance environment. Our fleet management and maintenance programs are among the most stringent and innovative in the industry, leading to increased vehicle reliability, longer lifecycles and greater customer satisfaction.
First Student will develop a customized fleet management and maintenance program that considers your unique usage and environmental needs. Our proactive programs not only comply with all federal and state requirements, but have a proven record of helping school districts reduce vehicle downtime, improve reliability and lower the overall costs of transportation.
Benefits of Our Fleet Maintenance Program
- Quality maintenance service delivered by our growing number of ASE Blue Seal operations.
- Improved bus safety and operator productivity with fewer breakdowns.
- Reduced inconvenience and downtime with the proper types and quantities of parts readily available.
- Improved data quality and availability of information to support better management decisions.
- Skilled technicians equipped with the latest tools, diagnostic equipment and ASE training.
- Accurate historical maintenance and repair data maintained for all buses and equipment.
- Reduced maintenance and repair costs and lengthened fleet life.
- Management of overall costs by optimizing spare bus and parts inventory.
- Unmatched fleet and parts purchasing power to bring you the highest quality equipment and parts at the lowest price.
Sustainable Operating Practices
- Reduced human and environmental impact with our use of environmentally-friendly products and practices.
- Improved compliance to DOT, state, provincial and federal requirements through tracking reports from our proprietary maintenance system.